Victoria Park Rink Attendant
January 6, 2020 – March 6, 2020
2 positions (up to 20hrs a week)
Purpose: The Victoria Park Rink (VPR) provides an opportunity to create outdoor recreational space as part of our unique neighborhood. The City of Regina provides the rink installation, maintenance and Skate Shack. Regina Downtown provides staffing, programming and marketing.
Staff will be responsible for:
- Placing signage outside of the rink indicating the Skate Shack hours and rink rules.
- Ensuring lights have been turned on in the building.
- Taking out garbage and maintaining general cleanliness of the building.
- Setting up music to play outside of the Warm-Up Hut when necessary.
- Cleaning the ice if required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervising skaters.
- Supervising Crokicurl.
- Number of skaters using the rink.
- If skates had to be loaned out, if so, what sizes.
- Current weather conditions.
- If the ice was cleaned and maintained by the City on that day.
Close Warming Hut:
- Bring in signage.
- Empty garbage if necessary.
- Turn off lights in the building.
- Lock doors and padlock.
Hours of Work:
Applicants need to be available to work the evening and weekend shifts below:
Weekdays: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Weekends: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
*Note: This job requires work both indoors and outdoors. Proper winter attire is needed to fulfill this position. All applicants are responsible for obtaining and wearing weather appropriate clothing.*
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Regina Downtown Business Improvement District (RDBID) is an organization that provides a range of business and community services to promote and enhance Downtown’s unique assets, to improve conditions for businesses operating in the district, and to improve the quality of life for those who shop, work, live and play Downtown.
© 2018 Regina Downtown Business Improvement District