Victoria Avenue Infrastructure & Beautification Project
We invite you to take “the road less travelled” while the City of Regina improves your downtown.
Until Aug. 15th: Access to 1900-block Rose Street (green), Golf’s and Crave (blue), and Rooftop (orange) – Click the map image to enlarge
UPDATE on VICTORIA AVENUE INFRASTRUCTURE & BEAUTIFICATION PROJECT
August 14, 2020
WEATHER DELAYS START OF NEXT PHASE – now starting Sat., Aug. 15th (weather depending)
City of Regina expects to finish work in the eastbound lanes of Victoria Avenue, between Hamilton Street and Broad Street, in the next couple days. Traffic is currently flowing one lane each direction in the north lanes. Depending on weather or other unforeseen circumstances, it is anticipated that work will switch to the north lanes of Victoria Avenue between Hamilton Street and Broad Street, starting August 15th, for the fourth and final phase of this year’s work on this project. Pedestrians may cross Victoria Avenue at Scarth Street or on the east side of the Broad Street intersection.
Please click here for traffic access details effective Aug. 15th – Sept. 20th (approx., weather depending).
Following completion of the above work along Victoria Avenue, several smaller paving projects will be completed in the surrounding area. To reduce the impact to motorists, construction will be completed in phases. Stay tuned for more details.
Traffic & Parking Access until Aug. 15th (same as last week):
- The alley between 1900-block Scarth Street and Hamilton Street is once again one-way *eastbound*. 1900-block Scarth Street (north of Victoria Avenue) is one-way northbound and accessible from Victoria Avenue.
- 1900-block Rose Street (north of Victoria) is accessible only via right-hand turn from *westbound* Victoria Avenue; no left turns off of eastbound Victoria Avenue onto Rose Street or Broad Street.
- Both Hamilton Street and Rose Street, south of Victoria Avenue to 13th Avenue, are temporary two-way roads with no access at Victoria Avenue.
- Please note: Golf’s Steakhouse and Crave Kitchen & Wine Bar can be accessed from the south via Broad Street, 13th Avenue and Hamilton or Rose Streets. Look for wayfinding signage. Rooftop Bar & Grill is accessible from Broad Street via the parking lot on the southwest corner of Broad Street and Victoria Avenue.
- No parking in the work zone along Victoria Avenue and limited parking on side streets.
Look for more updates and follow RDBID on Facebook @ReginaDowntownBID. Feel free to share our posts with your networks, and encourage your staff, customers, delivery folks, and any other associates to follow and share, too.
For full text of the latest update from the City of Regina, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact RDBID at
Starting Aug. 15th – Access route(s) to Ramada Plaza Regina, via southbound 1900-block Rose Street (temporary two-way) from 12th Avenue
What is the Victoria Avenue Infrastructure & Beautification Project?
Regina Downtown Business Improvement District (RDBID) has been working with the City of Regina over the past weeks and months, in an effort to facilitate clear communication with our members, as the City continues its Victoria Avenue Infrastructure & Beautification Project, now in Phase II.
The second year of a $6 million, multi-year infrastructure improvement and beautification project kicked off on April 19, 2020. This construction season is focused on new work between Cornwall Street and Broad Street, and finishes work from the 2019 season between Albert Street and Cornwall Street.
The project will see:
- A contemporary palette of paving, lighting and furnishings distinctive to Regina’s downtown.
- New modern black powder coated traffic signal poles and enhanced street lighting.
- Five intersection improvements with larger curbs for pedestrian safety.
- Streetscape improvements with new boulevards and wider sidewalks on the north side.
- Repairs to catch basins and sewer accesses.
- A combined 80 new trees replanted in the boulevards and in Victoria Park.
Follow us on social media, where we will be bringing you all the news regarding the Victoria Avenue Beautification Project. Feel free to share our posts with your networks, and encourage your staff, customers, delivery folks, and any other associates to follow and share, too.
For more information, contact RDBID or click here to read the full text of the latest update from City of Regina.