Victoria Avenue Infrastructure & Beautification Project
Thank you for your patience while the City of Regina improved your downtown.
FINAL UPDATE on VICTORIA AVENUE INFRASTRUCTURE & BEAUTIFICATION PROJECT
October 9, 2020
City of Regina crews have completed all major work on this project, as well as paving of streets and alleys in the area.
On October 10 and 11, new traffic signal poles were installed on the northeast and northwest corners at Victoria Avenue and Broad Street.
Some close out work will happen over the next few weeks as material and scheduling permits. The City will advise the public of any traffic restrictions needed.
Traffic & Parking:
- No traffic restrictions at this time.
- Pedestrians can once again cross at all intersections.
For full text of the last update from the City of Regina, click here.
Look for more updates and follow RDBID on Facebook @ReginaDowntownBID. Feel free to share our posts with your networks, and encourage your staff, customers, delivery folks, and any other associates to follow and share, too.
If you have any questions, please contact RDBID at
THANK YOU. You have now reached your destination.
What is the Victoria Avenue Infrastructure & Beautification Project?
Regina Downtown Business Improvement District (RDBID) worked with the City of Regina to facilitate clear communication with our members, as the City continued its Victoria Avenue Infrastructure & Beautification Project, completing Phase II through summer 2020.
The second year of a $6 million, multi-year infrastructure improvement and beautification project kicked off on April 19, 2020. This construction season focused on new work between Cornwall Street and Broad Street, and finished work from the 2019 season between Albert Street and Cornwall Street.
The project included:
- A contemporary palette of paving, lighting and furnishings distinctive to Regina’s downtown.
- New modern black powder coated traffic signal poles and enhanced street lighting.
- Five intersection improvements with larger curbs for pedestrian safety.
- Streetscape improvements with new boulevards and wider sidewalks on the north side.
- Repairs to catch basins and sewer accesses.
- A combined 80 new trees replanted in the boulevards and in Victoria Park.
Follow us on social media, where we have been bringing you all the news regarding the Victoria Avenue Beautification Project (and more!). Feel free to share our posts with your networks, and encourage your staff, customers, delivery folks, and any other associates to follow and share, too.
For more information, contact RDBID or click here to read the full text of the last update from City of Regina.